|► Info Sessions|
|► Tuition & Fees|
|► Career Placement|
Why Choose This Program?
If you like tinkering with the latest technology, then a career in computer programming might be a good fit for you. Computer programmers have moved well beyond the traditional desktop computer to a world filled with ever-changing mobile devices and applications for anytime, anywhere access. One key to success in this field is resiliency!
This program covers all aspects of development and programming for software, applications, databases, Websites, and mobile. Students gain a variety of skills from establishing program requirements, testing and debugging, to ensuring data security.
Having a computer programming degree gives you the flexibility to work almost anywhere, including businesses large and small as well as the government. You can even go into business for yourself as a freelance programmer or consultant.
For complete details about skills and courses, check out the links to the right.
- Mobile programming
- Network programming
- Web service development and deployment
- Programmatically secure data with cryptographic algorithms, signatures, etc.
- Debugging and troubleshooting computer programs
- Database administration, modeling, reporting and analysis using SQL Server and MySQL, including external database connectivity and development
- Web site development and deployment to external servers using HTML and PHP
- Agile program development methodologies
- Maintaining software releases and documentation with version control
Career Choices in Computer Programming
Types of Careers
- Application development
- Mobile development
- Web development
- Database development and programming
Projected Job Growth
Average State Pay
Degrees & Certificates
Clubs & Organizations
- Computer Programming Club
- Entertainment Technology Club
- Partnership with the Networking Program Club and Robotics Club
This program has an Articulation Agreement with the St. Cloud State University Information Systems Department. This provides the opportunity for an SCTCC student to transition easily into a 4 year Information Systems program at SCSU.
Laptop Required Degree Program
First-year students are required to have a laptop computer that meets the following minimum specifications.
- Intel i5 or i7 processor, 4th generation or newer (Virtualization must be supported)
- Windows 7 or newer operating system
- Minimum of 1600x900 screen resolution
- 500GB or more disk storage, Performance HDD with 16 – 64 MB Cache or SSD recommended
- Minimum 6GB of RAM (8 -16GB RAM recommended)
Note: Apple users must meet similar hardware requirements and be able to run the Windows OS using virtualization, Parallels, or Boot Camp.