Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
The Biology Transfer Pathway AS degree offers students an opportunity to complete an associate degree that fully transfers to a Biology bachelor’s degree program at any one of seven universities within the Minnesota State system that offers the major.
The entire curriculum has been carefully designed to meet designated bachelor’s degree program requirements for transfer students planning initial study at one of the 30 community and technical colleges of Minnesota State that offers the pathway. Students planning to transfer outside of the Minnesota State system are advised to consult with their intended transfer institution to determine transferability of the courses in this curriculum.
Career Choices with a bachelor’s degree
- Biology Technician
- Medical & Health Fields
- Research Sciences
The associate’s degree in Biology fully transfers to a Biology bachelor’s degree program at any one of the seven Minnesota State universities:
- Bemidji State University
- Metropolitan State University
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minnesota State University, Moorhead
- St. Cloud State University
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- Winona State University
Requirements for transfer:
- A minimum of 60 semester credits in courses numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 at SCTCC in courses numbered 1000 or above.
- A minimum of 20 semester credits applied toward the degree must be taken from SCTCC.