Interlibrary Loan is the ability to borrow materials from other libraries.
Before submitting a request, make sure the SCTCC Library does not own the material you are requesting…
- Search the library catalog for books and videos
- Search the library databases for journal, magazine, or newspaper articles
Requesting materials from MnPALS libraries
- Go to the library catalog
- Click on My Account in the upper right corner
- Login using your StarID and password
- Select “All MnPALS Libraries” from the “Select a Location” dropdown menu
- Search to locate the item you would like to request and click on the item title
- Click on “Place an ILL Request” link
- When a form appears with the item information, click on “Submit Request”
- You should get a message stating “The ILL Request was successfully created”
Requesting an article found in a database
- After finding an article you would like to request, click on the Interlibrary Loan and/or Request link.
- Log in using your StarID and password
- On the screen that appears, verify that the information is correct and check the Copyright Law agreement box. Then select Go.
- A screen will appear showing your request has been processed with the ILL Request No.
- When your item arrives you will be notified by email.
- Ill books, videos, and other loaned items can be picked up at the library circulation desk.
- You are responsible for prompt return and care of the borrowed items.You will be billed for lost, damaged and overdue materials.
- The lending libraries determine the loan periods for requested items.
- Return materials to the library circulation desk prior to the due date.
- Overdue Interlibrary Loans will incur a replacement cost determined by the lending library, a $15 processing fee, and a $20 non-refundable fine.
- You may keep photocopies of articles.