First-year students in the programs listed below are required to purchase laptop computers and software.
Programs requiring personal computers:
- Administrative Support and Health Information Technology Careers—all options
- Computer Careers—Programming
- Land Surveying/Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing
- Architectural Construction Technology
- Mechanical Design Technology
- Instrumentation and Process Control
- Energy Technical Specialist
- Energy Technical Specialist - Nuclear
- Robotics and Automation
- Biomedical Technician
Students in programs requiring laptops may order their laptop computers from a recommended vendor.
The recommended company has established a web site for our students’ use and their prices will be posted on the site. Sales tax will be added to the cost of computers and software.
The recommended laptops are dependable and capable of performing the functions needed. They are high-end computers that will perform well during college years as well as after graduation.
Instructions for Purchasing SCTCC Standard Laptop Bundles
- Go to https://usm.channelonline.com/nowmicro/storesite/
- Click the ‘New Customer? Create an account’ link, and follow the prompts to set up your online profile.
- Once logged into the store site, enter keyword SCTCC under the product search to access school approved laptop bundle options.
- Add products to cart (including selectable accessory options if needed) and proceed through checkout process.
*NOTE: Customers must select Credit Card as Payment Method, and either FedEx Ground or Will Call as Delivery Method. Orders that do not comply with these instructions will not be processed.
Land Surveying/Civil Engineering Technology, Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing, and Architectural Construction Technology students will download their AutoDesk software with the assistance of their instructor. The program will be loaded on the computers during class the first week of the semester.