For assistance with your email, or if you are having problems logging in, please contact the IT Helpdesk:
Stop by: Computer Lab 1-405 (Main Building, near Admissions)
This information is for STUDENTS. If you are faculty or staff, CLICK HERE.
How to find your my.sctcc.edu email address:
You need an sctcc.edu email address to register for the SCTCC app, among other things.
To find that email address instead of the mnscu.edu login address, login to the Office 365 portal and click through to your email.
Click on your account profile picture in the upper right corner. Your email address should be right in the drop-down. It should follow the email@example.com format.
Welcome to the SCTCC Student Email/Office 365 migration information center. Starting June 19, 2016, all current SCTCC students will need to login to their email differently.
Why are students migrating to Office 365?
In addition to email, Office 365 allows you to use the Microsoft Office suite of programs online. Some more benefits of using Office 365:
- Individual online space with 1TB of storage
- Free download of Office software suite for installation on personal home computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote. Publisher, Access, and InfoPath are also available for Windows systems
- Being on the same e-mail system as SCTCC Faculty and Staff increases communication, sharing, and collaboration opportunities
- Eventually, students will be able to utilize a single e-mail account when taking classes at multiple MnSCU campuses or transferring between campuses
- Office 365 Frequently Asked Questions
Login to your new Office 365 account
- Visit: https://portal.office.com
- Your username: YourStarID@go.mnscu.edu (enter your StarID. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Enter your StarID password
- Did you FORGET your StarID? https://starid.mnscu.edu
Do not use your email to login. Use YourStarID@go.mnscu.edu. Use your StarID password.
Once logged in to Office 365, click on the "Mail" tile to be taken to your inbox.
You will be able to access your Office 365 apps by clicking on the square menu button in the upper left corner.
You can also view this step-by-step video:
Will my email address be the same?
Current SCTCC students' email addresses will remain the same. All future students' emails will follow the email@example.com format.
Students who had email before June 19 will have access to the old login until December 31, 2016, but none of your emails will be transferred. You will be able to access the account and backup or forward any messages that you wish to keep.
To login to your old email AFTER June 19:
- Visit: http://outlook.com/my.sctcc.edu
- Username: YourOldSCTCCEmailusername@mysctcc.onmicrosoft.com
- Password: Your old SCTCC email password
Please view the video for a step-by-step instruction on how to login to your OLD email through December 31, 2016.
After December 31, 2016, you will no longer have access to the old account.
All new email from the College will go to your new account login starting with the migration on June 19. We will have links to both email accounts on our campus web page. If you are on a waiting list for a class or expecting some other communication from the college, it would be important for you to make sure you check both email accounts on June 20th and 21st.
Questions? Need help?
If you need assistance, please stop by the Helpdesk in 1-405, call 320-308-6445, or email helpdesk@SCTCC.edu.