The following are sample documents in Microsoft Word 2007 format which may assist you in quickly designing and reviewing content for your course.
To use these files, you should choose the SAVE option when prompted to store the files on your local computer for editing.
Note for users of Internet Explorer: If you experience problems trying to download or save these files, try using the right-mouse-click and SAVE TARGET AS option from the short-cut menu.
Buildings Strong Basics for your Course
- Online Syllabus Template AASC Approved (.docx) – You must use the information from the SCTCC Course Outline noted as REQUIRED on this Syllabus Template. The SAMPLE and OPTIONAL sections incorporate Quality Matters Standards for online teaching. Remember to remove the [SAMPLE], [OPTIONAL], and [REQUIRED] tags as you complete the template. The completed syllabus is your intellectual property.
- Welcome Template (.docx) – Sample Welcome text to introduce students to your course. It is recommended to place this in the News section of your Course Home page in D2L.
- Module Template (.docx)
Enhancing Student Engagement
- Orientation Activities for Start of Term (.pdf)
- Assignment Options to Encourage Honesty (.pdf)
- Placing Students First (.pdf)
- Finding Links to Free Content (.pdf