VEX STARS Camp
A very intense weeklong camp with high school teachers, college faculty and students as mentors and teachers to assure the highest quality and integrity of the experience.
There are five facets to our camp:
- Build, operate, re-engineer a VEX robot,
- Rotation through manufacturing related programs of welding, mechanical design, machine tool, and electronics
- Introduction to 360 etech course CMAE 1554 Digital Electronics as it relates to Vex robotics to provide an introductory experience to 360 etech
- Guided tour and discussion in 1-2 local industries that use robotics to profile manufacturing careers relating to robotics, mechanical design, welding, and machine tool
- Teams will build a robot for competition with an optional tournament to be held at the Benton County Fair
VEX STARS camp will:
- Give high school students a well-rounded experience with manufacturing and Robotics
- Provide them with an understanding of Robotics, where and how the concepts are used in industry
- Understand career options in manufacturing including robotics and d) introduce students to 360 etech courses.
Dates: Week-long camps, 6.5 hours per day, starting:
What is VEX Robotics?
VEX is the largest and fastest growing middle and high school robotics program globally with more than 3,500 teams from 20 countries playing in over 250 tournaments worldwide. The competition judges team ability to program, drive, and control a robot.
The VEX Robotics Design System offers students an exciting platform for learning about areas rich with career opportunities spanning science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
Beyond science and engineering principles, a VEX Robotics project encourages teamwork, leadership, and problem solving among groups.
Minnesota VEX Robotics Tournament
February 3-4, 2017 at the River's Edge Convention Center | St. Cloud, MN
The VEX Robotics Competition at St Cloud River's Edge Convention Center in February will be the area's fifth consecutive world-qualifying event. Teams from high schools, Boy Scout troops, and 4-H programs from around Minnesota will compete. More information on Starstruck can be found here.
This event is hosted by St. Cloud Technical & Community College. More information on the different events at the tournament can be found at the below links.
For more information and complete rules, visit the official VEX website.
Contact us with questions