Instructions for using Outlook Web Access (OWA)
IT Services manages and maintains the college email systems. Outlook Web Access allows access to your college email and calendars from anywhere in the world.
Outlook Web Access (OWA) - https://mail.sctcc.edu/owa/
To receive the full benefits and features of OWA, use the most current versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome. OWA offers similar functionality of the Microsoft Outlook client when using an updated Internet browser.
Enabling and disabling the Out of Office Assistant
In the upper right corner of the OWA window, click Options:
- In the resulting window click Set Automatic Replies.
- To enable the Out of Office assistant, on the right, select Send automatic replies.
To set a time frame for the Out of Office auto-replies to begin and end, check Send replies only during this time period. Then:
- Next to "Start time," use the menu to select the month and day, and then the time you want the Out of Office Assistant to start sending the auto-replies.
- Repeat for the "End time."
To send a different message to users outside your organization, check Send automatic reply messages to External Senders. Then, choose from the two options available:
- Send replies only to senders in my Contacts list (Use this option to send the reply to senders outside of your organization but in your Contacts list.)
- Send replies to anyone outside my organization.
To disable the Out of Office Assistant:
- Click Set Automatic Replies.
- Select Don't send automatic replies.
- Click save on the lower right corner of screen.