If you are positive, friendly, and knowledgeable about St. Cloud Technical and Community College, we invite you to apply to be an Academic Peer Mentor. Below you will find a description of the position, as well as an application packet. We are searching for students from a variety of majors and divisions who will be enrolled in Fall classes, and meet the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled student, in good academic standing.
- Completed at least 1 semester at SCTCC.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Ability to attend mandatory training.
- Available to work Summer Advising & Registration sessions.
- Participate in Advising & Registration sessions during the academic year as schedules permit.
- Knowledge of SCTCC procedures and processes.
- Experience with or knowledge of SCTCC resources including Academic Advising, Center for Academic Success, TRiO, Disability Services, Counseling, Admissions, Faculty, etc.
- High level of comfort with computers, specifically using E-services, SCTCC Student Email, Desire2Learn, etc.
- Positive, friendly, and familiar working with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the application packet (linked below) and return it to Room 1-312. You can also find a paper copy of the application packet in room 1-312.