This is a fundamental course in alternating current (AC) electricity. This course is designed for students who have a fundamental knowledge and understanding of the theory and laws of direct current (DC) electricity. The primary goals of this course are to help individuals gain the knowledge and skills necessary to troubleshoot and repair single and three phase AC powered systems and equipment. Individuals will apply these skills through problem solving, simulation, and practical projects.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Measure single and three phase voltage.
- Define and demonstrate single and three phase capacitor circuits.
- Describe and connect single and three phase inductor circuits.
- Explain and apply single and three phase transformer circuits.
- Measure phase angles between voltage and current.
- Draw and interpret basic electrical schematic diagrams.
- Identify and apply appropriate safety procedures.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.