Meets MN Transfer Curriculum Goal Area 6 - Humanities and Fine Arts. In this course, students will explore the art and craft of acting, to heighten the student's self-awareness and to improve presentational skills, both individually and in collaboration. Through a series of exploratory exercises, written assignments, and performed presentations, students will engage with and create texts, sharpening analytical skills, and improving understanding of both self and humanity. This course satisfies the Minnesota State Transfer Pathways for an Associate of Fine Arts (AFA) in Theatre.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze scripts and characters in scripts.
- Apply acting theory and techniques to characters.
- Evaluate performances in class and out of class.
- Perform for class in scenes, improvisations, monologues, etc.
- Evaluate acting seen in class and assigned to attend.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.