This course will explore various techniques of advanced refinishing such as: tinting, blending, masking, and tri-stage color application. Students will use a variety of types of refinishing equipment and materials to produce let-down panels spray tri-stage paints and have the opportunity to design, mask, and spray custom designed panels of their own.
Student Learning Outcomes
- identify various masking techniques
- discuss tinting and blending on a variety of paints and colors
- identify problems associated with tri-stage and mica paints and applications
- identify and comply with personal safety practices
- apply tri-stage and custom finish materials
- identify paint gun types, set-up, and variations
- discuss paint mixing and spraying considerations
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.