This advanced course involves various chassis electrical control systems, lighting, instrumentation, accessories, and anti-lock braking system (ABS) electrical systems on medium/heavy trucks and trailers. Emphasis is placed on using wiring diagrams, digital multimeters to troubleshoot electrical failures, and perform industry approved electrical repair procedures.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Interpret electrical diagrams on various types of equipment.
- Apply multimeters to test circuits.
- Diagnose and repair various electronic failures.
- Repair electrical failures on medium/heavy trucks and trailers.
- Test electrical components.
- Test starting and charging systems.
- Examine multiplexed circuits.
- Evaluate electronic system problems using manufacturer's data.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.