Students will learn, hybrid, electric and self-driving vehicles, data lines and anti-thief systems. Lab work consists of using scan tools for diagnosis and repair on these electronic/mechanical systems on late model vehicles. Students will learn to describe system operation and perform service in accordance with manufacturer's procedures.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Perform inspection and repair procedures for data line communication systems.
- Perform inspection and repair procedures on hybrid vehicles.
- Understand inspection and repair procedures on electric vehicles.
- Understand inspection and repair procedures on self-driving vehicles.
- Demonstrate use of generic and factory scanners.
- Analyze transmission and body diagnostic trouble codes.
- Demonstrate ethical practices as it relates to engine performance service procedures.
- Perform vehicle anti-theft system diagnose and repair on late model vehicles.
- Document vehicle data and work performed on repair orders.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.