The refinish process includes many procedures and products. This course will look at the steps necessary to complete a variety of basic refinish practices. From abrasives to undercoats and topcoats, students will cover a variety of subjects related to the refinish process. Emphasis will be put on spray gun setup, spray techniques, and product application.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Select appropriate materials according to the technical data
- Perform proper mixing of refinish materials according to the technical
- Apply two and three stage paint according to manufacturer¿s
- Comprehend refinish material safety and environmental hazards
- Prepare plastic substrate for the refinish process in accordance with
technical data sheets.
- Identify differences between solvent and waterborne refinish
- Demonstrate safe shop operation practices.
- Perform masking techniques.
- Blend paint.
- Use manufacturer's information to plot and tint colors.
- Show proper paint gun set-up.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.