Meets Mn Transfer Curriculum Goal Area 7 - Human Diversity. This course is an introduction to beginning ASL (American Sign Language) sign vocabulary. Students will learn grammatical features and classifiers with an emphasis on visual American Sign Language. This course is an immersion in ASL. It promotes an increased understanding and appreciation of Deaf culture.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Recognize the difference between affirmative and negative.
- Convert from yes/no questions to wh-word questions and vice-versa.
- Demonstrate directional verbs.
- Project sensitivity to cultural tips.
- Identify verb/noun pairs.
- Utilize negative incorporations.
- Respond to commands.
- Demonstrate respect for a no-sound environment.
- Describe Deaf Culture.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.