Meets MN Transfer Goal 8 - Global Perspective. Continuation of American Sign Language expansion of intermediate vocabulary, grammar and visual language with increased speed and clarity of fingerspelling and signing.
Student Learning Outcomes
- introduce the student to intermediate vocabulary of ASL
- utilize American Sign Language fluently in both expressive and receptive ways
- interact with deaf people and to understand their signing styles
- know ethical dilemmas common in communicating
- participate fully in the classroom such as: small group work, group discussion, and whole class discussion
- increase signing and fingerspelling speed and clarity
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.