Meets Mn Transfer Goal 8 - Global Perspective. Intense study of intermediate + (or intermediate plus) vocabulary and ASL grammatical structures, in-depth descriptive classifiers, with few repetitions and students' self critique. Knowledge of political corrections signs. Primarily for intermediate sign language students.
Student Learning Outcomes
- introduce the student to intermediate vocabulary of ASL
- utilize American Sign Language fluently in both expressive and receptive ways with few repetitions
- interact with deaf people and recognize their signing styles
- identify political corrections signs
- participate fully in the classroom such as: small group work, group discussion, and whole class discussion
- self-critique of signing and fingerspelling speed and clarity for self and others
- utilize in-depth classifiers describing things, persons or places
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.