Meets Mn Transfer Curriculum Goal Area 4 - Mathematical/Logical Reasoning. This course is an investigation into the nature of mathematics. Students will apply mathematical principles to varied disciplines including an exploration of a variety of social and global issues. Students will experience mathematics as a creative and evolving discipline. Emphasis will be placed on applications in these topic areas with related statistics concepts developed when appropriate. Spread sheets will be used extensively to enhance concept development.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Solve practical problems using appropriate mathematical techniques.
- Demonstrate and apply critical thinking skills to solve a variety of problems.
- Utilize a systematic approach to problem solving.
- Use appropriate computer technology and software to perform analysis and calculations.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the application of mathematics to global and social issues.
- Communicate mathematical understanding to others verbally and in written form.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.