This course is intended to fulfill course requirements for the Cardiovascular Technology program. Students will participate in an advanced and intense internship in a hospital or clinic setting. Specific detailed learning objectives are developed for each course by the college faculty. Students will broaden and perfect their skills through hands-on participation. Students will be able to carry out everyday duties of the technologist when their clinical experience is complete. Learners will complete case studies of pathologies they encounter during internship. Time is spent preparing for the national registry exam post graduation.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Define selected terms related to clinical cardiac physiology and pathophysiology.
- Perform day-to-day cardiac cath lab operations (patient/staff interaction, restocking, etc.).
- Identify cardiac pathology from cardiac cath lab findings.
- Perform advanced measurements and calculations to quantify severity of cardiac disease states.
- Work as a team member within the cardiac cath lab; displaying professionalism, courtesy to patients and clinical staff, and a willingness to learn.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.