This course will emphasize the repair of older vehicles not normally associated with collision repair. Topics will include: panel replacement, rust repair, body filler application, corrosion protection, and primer application.
Student Learning Outcomes
- examine factors determining repair vs. replacement
- identify metal straightening methods
- determine the extent of direct and indirect damage and develop a repair plan
- identify welding and cutting procedures
- perform welding and cutting procedures
- identify and use filler products
- identify and use primers
- identify and use abrasives
- discuss restoration levels
- comply with personal and environmentally safe practices
- perform metal straightening and panel replacement procedures
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.