This course provides an introduction to the creation of 2D graphics with AutoCAD software. A guided lab approach to constructing basic drawings for industry related parts, utilizing a variety of AutoCAD commands will be used. A hands-on, exercise intense process to drawing and part creation will be taken. Students will establish a basis for creating 2D, multi-view drawings that meet industry standards. Applications utilized include data storage, file maintenance and outputting drawings to printers and/or plotters.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Manipulate AutoCAD geometric construction commands.
- Utilize the AutoCAD modify and layers functions.
- Employ the use of the zoom, pan, object selection and object properties.
- Apply dimensions, notes and text to multi-view drawings.
- Set up drawing layout/template and create Multi-view drawings.
- Generate completed drawing in hard copy form.
- Store, transfer, and retrieve data in a variety of CADD formats.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.