In this course, students will engage with entry-level aspects of high performance vehicles and dirt track operations. Attention to safety in the racing industry will be woven into all parts of the course. In addition, students will learn about fuel and ignition systems and carburetors. The lab work will consist of engine and automotive upgrades to high performance vehicles.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify safety systems in the racing industry.
- Diagnose and repair high performance fuel systems
- Diagnose and repair high performance ignition systems.
- Recognize basic principles of carburetor theory and operation.
- Identify and understand racing suspension and chassis systems.
- List different types of cars and karts.
- Diagnose and perform tire maintenance procedures.
- Identify dirt track conditions and operations.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.