In this course, the student will acquire the theory base essential to building a foundation for the practice of nursing which encompasses safe, quality nursing care. This course utilizes the nursing process as the stepping stone to assist the student to begin to recognize principles of alterations in health. This course will also introduce ethical and legal principles and expected personal and professional behaviors that are needed to provide safe holistic care.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Recognize basic concepts and principles of nursing practice in the health care environment.
- Relate knowledge and science to nursing practice.
- Discuss personal and professional standards and behaviors of nursing practice.
- Develop therapeutic relationship skills for nursing practice.
- Describe the impact of team functioning on safe quality care.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.