The student will learn to read building plans and pipe diagrams, interpret floor plans elevation views, draw isometrics and sketch detailed work drawings. Student will develop skills in estimating plumbing costs for new installations and remodels and prepare projects using industry developed estimating procedures. Estimates include material, fixtures and labor costs with profit and overhead calculations.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Read Architects scale.
- Interpret and draw simple floor plan drawings.
- Analyze rough in drawings.
- Draw isometric pipe drawings of residential dwellings.
- Interpret and draw isometrics of project house plumbing.
- Design underground and drainage, waste and vent system and estimate labor costs on project.
- Design and size water distribution piping and estimate the labor cost.
- Interpret print for fixtures and estimate fixture materials and labor cost.
- Estimate all labor and materials cost including markup and profit.
- Demonstrate the ability to write up labor and materials estimate and submit bid for projects.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.