The student will learn how to read building plans and pipe diagrams. Interpret floor plans, elevation views, draw isometrics and sketch detailed work drawings. Student will develop skills in estimating plumbing cost for basic residential installations and remodels. Building on these skills, the student will gain knowledge of complex residential and commercial blueprint reading, pipe diagrams, isometric drawing and job cost estimating. Student will learn to interpret commercial building systems including how to size, draw and estimate the cost of a storm water disposal system and commercial bathroom groups.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Draw floor plans to scale.
- Interpret complex residential prints.
- Design isometric pipe diagrams.
- Analyze the code book to Size isometric drawings.
- Estimate costs from isometric drawings form residential projects.
- Demonstrate how to size and draw storm water systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to size and draw commercial plumbing projects.
- Estimate isometric drawings for commercial project.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.