Did you know that every car, truck, and factory production vehicle on the road has more brake horsepower than engine horsepower? In this course we shall examine the theory and operation of the hydraulic brake system. How to effectively diagnosis and repair disc, drum, and parking brakes. We will also cover the operation and repair of anti-lock brakes and how it works with our foundation brake system.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Use appropriate asbestos collection equipment.
- Discuss the different types and disposal of brake fluids, and where the appropriate fluids should be used.
- Perform brake inspections and determine condition of the brake friction material and hardware.
- Inspect the condition of brake hoses and lines.
- Identify the different types of flares and unions that are used in hydraulic brake systems.
- Perform brake service as needed to restore the brake system to proper operating condition.
- Diagnose brake problems related to noise, handling, or improper function of brake components.
- Discuss the theory, operation and repair of anti-lock brakes and traction control systems.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.