In this course the student will synthesize and integrate prior learning from practical nursing theory and lab classes. The student will focus on topics and skills that relate to the graduate nurse role. The student will acquire needed knowledge in ethical, legal, state licensure, and nursing practice standards while exploring the transitional process from student to entry level practical nurse.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Examine how change, technology, legislation, economics, and regulation affect nursing practice.
- Evaluate legal and ethical behaviors on regulatory and professional standards.
- Compare and contrast leadership and management within the scope of the practical nurse.
- Analyze factors, including evidenced based practice, that contribute to patient safety and methods of improving safety in health care environments.
- Determine sources of conflict and conflict resolution strategies.
- Design and complete a service learning project.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.