Meets Mn Transfer Curriculum Goal Area 4. - Mathematical/Logical Reasoning. This course is designed for students who have sound skills in single-variable calculus. The primary goal of this course is to help individuals acquire a solid foundation in multivariable and vector calculus. Students will apply skills to solve authentic real-world problems to enhance students¿ understanding of higher level concepts.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply mathematical concepts that form the foundation of multivariable and vector calculus.
- Utilize procedures for manipulating algebraic and trigonometric expressions and equations.
- Demonstrate and apply critical thinking skills to solve a variety of multidimensional problems.
- Formulate and manipulate algebraic representations necessary to model problems.
- Apply calculus and algebraic principles appropriately to applications.
- Utilize a systematic approach to problem solving which incorporates verbal, numeric, visual and symbolic strategies.
- Demonstrate mathematical reasoning skills and formal logic to develop convincing mathematical arguments.
- Evaluate the reasonableness of solutions attained for problems.
- Communicate mathematical understanding to others verbally and in written form.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.