This course is intended to fulfill course requirements for the Cardiovascular Technology program. Cardiovascular Clinical I provides an introduction to the aspects of cardiac catheterization lab in a hospital or simulated clinical laboratory setting. Using hands-on tools, learners perform sterile technique, hand washing, entry-level scrubbing, circulating, monitoring and lab set-up.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Prepare the physiologic monitor for use and troubleshoot common machine errors.
- Record, analyze, and process hemodynamic data for interpretation in the simulated cath lab setting.
- Demonstrate appropriate surgical scrub and hand washing technique.
- Demonstrate proper gowning and gloving technique.
- Prepare sterile table for routine cardiac cath procedure.
- Assist in performing right heart cardiac cath procedures in the simulated cath lab setting.
- Assist in performing left heart cardiac cath procedures, including coronaries, in a simulated cath lab setting.
- Demonstrate set-up and operation of basic contrast injector systems.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.