This course is intended to fulfill course requirements for the Cardiovascular Technology program. Cardiovascular Clinical II is a continuation of Cardiovascular Clinical I. Student will gain practical training with focus on completing and becoming proficient in all duties of the cardiovascular technologist in the catheterization lab. Learner will perform diagnostic and interventional procedures in the scrub, circulator and hemodynamic monitoring role. This course will cover operation and trouble-shooting of the Intra-aortic Balloon Pump (IABP).
Student Learning Outcomes
- Record and process abnormal hemodynamic data for interpretation in the simulated or clinical cath lab setting.
- Analyze and interpret advanced measurements and calculations derived from cardiac cath to quantify the severity of various cardiac pathologies.
- Prepare catheters on a sterile field for interventional cardiac cath procedure.
- Assist in performing balloon angioplasty/stent placement procedures in the simulated or clinical cath lab setting.
- Demonstrate proper set-up of an intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP).
- Evaluate IABP settings for proper timing, inflation time and deflation time.
- Demonstrate set-up and operation of advanced contrast injector systems.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.