Students will focus on interactive Computer Aided Drafting and Design software (Autodesk Civil3D) applications as they relate to basic principles of drawing and design of civil/survey projects. Students will focus on coordinate geometry, mapping, digital terrain modeling, platting, detail drafting and design using CADD methods.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Draw, dimension and detail survey plat maps using coordinate geometry.
- Download field survey data using various automated mapping tools.
- Create triangulated irregular network (TIN) models.
- Modify surfaces with breaklines.
- Produce description key symbols.
- Produce American Land Title Association (ALTA) maps.
- Design roadway alignments and profiles.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.