Students will focus on interactive Computer Aided Drafting and Design software applications as they relate to basic principles of drawing and design of civil/survey projects. Students will focus on coordinate geometry, mapping, digital terrain modeling, platting, detail drafting and design using CADD methods.
Student Learning Outcomes
- draw, dimension and detail survey plat maps using coordinate geometry
- download field survey data using description keys and various automated mapping tools
- create triangulated irregular network (TIN) models
- produce detailed topographic maps
- produce American Land Title Association (ALTA) maps
- design roadway alignments and profiles
- produce erosion control plans
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.