In this course the student will implement the nursing process and nursing skills in a variety of healthcare settings. Students will also deliver care while developing prioritization and critical thinking skills. Delivery of care will focus on the nursing process, theory, and professional standards. Students will be guided in performing nursing functions and in the implementation of empathetic nursing care of the whole person.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the roles and professional responsibilities including legal and ethical behaviors of the practical nurse.
- Identify differences in health care beliefs and values in diverse populations.
- Summarize the need to be cost effective while delivering patient care.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize evidence based practice, nursing process, decision making, and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate caring, compassion, empathy, trust, support, and show respect, dignity, and humility for all individuals while delivering nursing care.
- Demonstrate therapeutic and effective communication with clients and members of the multidisciplinary team to enhance quality and safety of client care.
- Recognize the importance of self- reflection, life-long learning, and how these impact safe nursing care.
- Participate as a positive member in a multidisciplinary health care team.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.