Introduction to the aspects of sonography in a hospital or simulated clinical laboratory setting. Emphasis will be placed on instrumentation, on imaging, and identification of anatomy of the abdomen and thyroid.
Student Learning Outcomes
- demonstrate aspects of patient care pertaining to ultrasonography
- perform ultrasound instrumentation, transducer care and maintenance
- perform and observe abdominal and thyroid ultrasound scans in a hospital or simulated clinical setting following set protocols
- perform measurements on ultrasound exams of the abdomen and thyroid
- document patient history, measurements and comments on an ultrasound technologist worksheet
- perform Doppler spectral waveform images of the abdomen vessels
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.