The deployment of locally based computing resources to internet connected cloud-based service providers requires that network administrators and computer security professionals change the way they view their company¿s digital assets. Combining traditional business needs with new technologies means understanding virtualization, resource management, hybrid and multi-cloud systems. Exploration of current industry leading cloud providers along with private cloud solutions provides students with the skills to understand standard cloud methodologies; to implement, maintain, and deliver cloud technologies. This course prepares students for the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze system requirements to ensure successful system deployment.
- Analyze testing results to determine if the testing was successful in relation to given system requirements.
- Analyze central processing unit (CPU) and memory sizing for a provided deployment.
- Apply elements required to extend the infrastructure into a given cloud solution.
- Apply the appropriate access control list (ACL) to the target objects to meet access requirements according to a security template
- Implement defined security technologies to meet given security requirements.
- Apply an appropriate backup or restore method.
- Determine the appropriate allocation of cloud resources.
- Analyze defined metrics to determine the presence of an abnormality and/or forecast future needed cloud resources.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.