This is an introduction to programming and set up of CNC vertical milling centers (VMCs) and turning centers (TCs) course. The students will learn the basics of the word address system as applied to CNC machines. Students will set up and operate CNC machines to machine parts they manually programmed. Students will safely prove their programs and set ups using simulation, single block and machine offsets with the end goal of producing quality first run parts.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Program straight line external contour milling/turning with and without cutter compensation.
- Program drilling with and without canned cycles.
- Load, locate and input tool offsets.
- Locate and input work offsets.
- Safely prove their programs and set ups using simulation, single block and machine offsets to produce quality first run parts.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.