This course is a continuation of programming and set up of vertical machining centers (VMCs) with emphasis on production and operation skills include the addition of the 4th axis. The students will advance and reinforce the word address system as applied to VMCs. Students will set up and operate VMCs to machine parts they manually programmed and parts preprogrammed with CAM. Students will safely prove their programs and set ups using simulation, single block and machine offsets with the end goal of producing quality first run parts. The students will then create and systematically organize their own programs and setup sheets to be ran again by other students later in the course.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Program multiple operation parts on VMCs.
- Setup multiple operation parts on VMCs.
- Correctly and safely complete quality first run parts.
- Create and organize their own programs and setup sheets for future operation by other students.
- Given another students proven program and detailed setup sheets students will setup and safely complete a quality first run part.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.