This is the foundational programming and set up of CNC vertical milling centers (VMCs) and turning centers (TCs) course. The students will learn the word address system as applied to VMCs and TCs. Students will set up and operate equipment to machine parts they manually programmed. Students will safely prove their programs and set ups using simulation, single block and machine offsets with the end goal of producing quality first run parts.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Program straight line external and internal contour milling and turning with and without cutter compensation.
- Program drilling, tapping, threading and boring with and without canned cycles.
- Program bolt patterns and pocket milling with and without canned cycles.
- Load and set up work holding devises for VMCs and TCs.
- Choose appropriate tooling and work holding devises form multiple styles of VMC and TC work.
- Load and set up work holding devises in VMCs and TCs.
- Load, locate and input tool offsets into VMCs and TCs.
- Locate and input work offsets into VMCs and TCs.
- Safely prove their programs and set ups using simulation, single block and machine offsets to produce quality first run parts.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.