This course is a continuation of programming and set up of turning centers (TCs) with emphasis on production and operation skills. The students will advance and reinforce the word address system as applied to TCs. Students will set up and operate TCs to machine parts originally programmed and parts preprogrammed. Students will safely prove their programs and set ups using simulation, single block and machine offsets with the end goal of producing quality first run parts. Students will create and systematically organize original programs and setup sheets.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Program multiple operation parts on TCs.
- Setup multiple operation parts on TCs.
- Create and organize original programs and setup sheets.
- Setup and run multiple proven programs.
- Run quality first run part utilizing a proven program
- Run quality first run part utilizing an original program.
- Correctly update revisions made to programs during initial operations.
- Correctly update revisions made to setups during initial operations.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.