Meets MN Transfer Curriculum Goal Area 4 -Mathematical/Logical Reasoning. The course is designed for students who have mastered algebra and need to understand trigonometric functions and their applications. The primary goals of this course are to help individuals acquire a solid foundation in the basic skills of college trigonometry and to show how college trigonometry can be used to model and solve authentic real-world problems. It also acts as an entry-level STEM pathway course.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate and apply basic trigonometric concepts to solve a variety of problems.
- Represent and evaluate basic trigonometric information verbally, numerically, graphically, and symbolically.
- Communicate mathematical understanding to others verbally and in written form.
- Utilize mathematical reasoning skills and formal logic in order to develop convincing mathematical arguments.
- Use appropriate technology to enhance mathematical thinking and understanding and to solve mathematical problems, judging the reasonableness of the results.
- Use trigonometric functions to prove identities and solve conditional equations.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.