This is an introductory course in computer applications. This course is designed for students who have no previous computer experience or for those who need a review of basic computer applications. The primary goals of this course are to help individuals acquire a hands-on working knowledge of current personal computer applications including, word-processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and internet browser software.
Student Learning Outcomes
- use word-processing software to create, save, print, edit, and format documents
- organize and manage documents
- use spreadsheet software to create, save, print, and edit documents and graphs
- create, save, print, edit, format and enhance graphical presentations
- add visual enhancements to documents and integrate information from multiple applications into one document
- explore the Internet using browser software
- model professional and responsible behavior by being on time, participating in class discussions and completing assignments on time
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.