The investigation of computer-related crimes with the goal of exposing, cataloging and reviewing evidence to be presented in court is a methodical and detail oriented process. Using a variety of digital forensics tools and techniques students will gain hands-on experience discovering and analyzing systems for digital evidence.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Describe different aspects of computer crime.
- Discover, protect and present digital evidence.
- Differentiate valid evidence from mundane data
- Explain various ways of hiding data
- Utilize computer software to search for evidence.
- Perform basic investigations on a computer system.
- Examine ethical and legal responsibilities associated with a forensic examination.
- Review and critique a forensic report.
- Recover whole and partial data from a variety of computing systems.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.