Students focus on construction survey techniques and systems used in construction projects. Students will use practical field techniques for staking centerline profile, slope and grade staking, sanitary and storm sewer, curb and gutter, water mains and some aspects of platting. Emphasis will be on construction staking with the total station, GPS systems, and traditional surveying methods.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Generate calculations required prior to staking a project and those required after staking a project.
- Plan and stake an underground utility project.
- Plan and stake road grades and curbing.
- Plan and stake various building pads and site work.
- Conduct field survey of subdivision lots.
- Demonstrate respectful communication and proper interaction in a work group environment.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.