Students will focus on preliminary and final survey procedures in gathering information through total station and automated data collection procedures. Subjects include centerline profiles, cross sections, radial topography, Alberta (ALTA) requirements, CADD drafting, advanced traversing, triangulation, resection, areas, volumes, section breakdown and subdivision surveys. Field projects will use conventional total station, robotic total station, GPS and data collection procedures.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate ability to perform ALTA surveys.
- Examine ALTA survey requirements and calculations.
- Perform leveling processes, procedures and adjustments.
- Model effective communication in assigned work groups.
- Calculate metes and bounds property locations.
- Break down Public Land Survey System (PLSS) standard section.
- Evaluate PLSS and GPS practices.
- Compute calculations concerning PLSS property locations.
- Prepare electronic CADD drawings from data collection.
- Apply CADD drafting information to field operations.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.