This is a foundational course in direct current (DC) electricity. This course is designed for students who have no previous experience with electricity. The primary goals of this course are to help individuals acquire a solid foundation in the theories and laws of direct current (DC) electricity, and to apply their knowledge and skills through problem solving, simulation, and practical projects.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze series and parallel DC circuits using Ohms law.
- Measure DC voltage, current, and resistance.
- Draw and read basic electrical schematic diagrams.
- Test DC power sources.
- Select the appropriate size wire for specific applications.
- Calculate power consumption and losses in basic electrical systems.
- Identify and apply appropriate safety procedures.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.