This course will provide an overview of Business Intelligence with more advanced treatment of data reporting, interpretation, presentation, and descriptive analytics. Students will use advanced spreadsheet formulas, and functions will be created to perform advanced data interpretations. Students will explore the need and use of data within a variety of business and industry settings.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify data trends and effectively report their impact
- Utilize advanced Excel and Access techniques for data reporting.
- Define concepts of descriptive summary measures.
- Solve complex data analysis cases using Microsoft Office data analysis tools.
- Create charts for data interpretation
- Develop an application based upon required business needs.
- Design effective presentations using data gathered for reporting.
- Develop logical data models.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.