This course will give students the tools to develop a career path in the evolving, integrated world of digital marketing. Traditional methods of reaching potential customers have given way to an expansive realm of digital media. Reaching customers where they are now requires a new perspective and new tools. This course will explore a multitude of marketing tactics that can be used to create comprehensive digital marketing campaigns for business clients.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the relevance of different types of digital platforms and digital media to marketing strategy.
- Evaluate the advantages and challenges of digital media to optimize results.
- Identify the key differences between customer communications digital
marketing and traditional marketing.
- Examine changes to business and revenue models enabled by digital
- Understand the legal and ethical environment surrounding use of digital
- Identify aspects of the macro and micro environment that impact forces
that impact digital marketing.
- Align digital marketing strategy to marketing and business strategy.
- Conduct a Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat (SWOT) analysis on
media and technology platforms.
- Develop a digital marketing plan that includes a budget proposal.
- Create digital strategies that adapt to the consumer persona during the
- Evaluate creative strategy and content to effectively target and adapt
digital strategies to specific audiences.
- Establish key performance indicators to measure the success of digital
- Leverage data to improve marketing strategies to targeted
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.