This is an introduction to different components of engineering drawings. It also includes the creation of views needed to give greater detail for complex part drawings as well as techniques used to create unique geometric features of some parts. These components and techniques will be covered using both 2D and solid modeling applications. Students will be introduced to the process used for creating assemblies in the solid model environment.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Create part features requiring the use of geometric construction.
- Navigate vendor documentation and extract needed information.
- Determine tolerances for mating parts.
- Apply tolerances to part features.
- Create drawings of fasteners.
- Create and label part features related to the application of fasteners.
- Generate a variety of different types of section views.
- Create small assemblies using solid modeling software.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.