This course will start out with the fundamentals of electricity and take the students through the safety and operative controls in residential heating and air conditioning. Students will learn how they operate, what they control, and what the controls are protecting and how they are protecting the unit, device or structure. Students will develop the skills sought by employers.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Define ohms, volts, and amps and show proper use of a VOM.
- Define a series circuits.
- Define a parallel circuits.
- Define switches and loads.
- Identify safety and control switches.
- Read and draw basic schematic diagram of a heating and air conditioning system.
- Locate and identify electrical components and explain their function in residential furnace.
- Locate and identify electrical components and explain their function in residential air conditioning.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.