This course provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to install, and maintain a variety of motor controllers, relays and other relay logic, continuing into AC & DC motors and motor controllers used in industry. This course emphasizes mastering line diagrams and control panel wiring.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate mechanical construction of control panels.
- Maintain industry-wiring standards.
- Interpret AC & DC motor specifications.
- Connect solid state DC drives to DC motors.
- Draw and interpret electrical motor control diagrams to use in troubleshooting.
- Successfully wire and connect reversing DC motor starters.
- Connect and test overload protection and monitoring devices.
- Perform routine maintenance of AC & DC motors.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.